Question 15: I am a currently-resident parishioner from St Michael's Parish and I would like to marry abroad? What do I need to do to have a Church Wedding? -

First of all, you need to check whether what is being offered to you abroad by way of a service is actually Catholic. 

If this is the case and it is a Catholic service, download & complete the 'Wedding Booking Form' (click here)  and return it to the Parish Office. A parish representative will contact you to progress the matter further. 

In this case, it is recommended that you contact St Michael's Parish at least nine months before your intended wedding date. 

Secondly, you need to check with the Registrar's Office at the Town Hall whether what is being offered to you is legally recognised in Northern Ireland. See Question 11 for contact details. 

If you discover that what is offered to you by way of a service abroad is not a Catholic service and/or is not legally recognised in Northern Ireland, you might still wish to consider having a Church wedding before you travel away. In this case, please refer to the information provided in answer to Question 1 above.