Question 18: What priest will do our wedding? -

Resident parishioners and the children of resident parishioners of St Michael's Parish may request any of the local priests to officiate at their wedding, subject to being available. 

All others who wish to marry in St Michael's Parish are required to bring their own priest, who must provide evidence that he is a priest in good standing with his diocesan bishop or religious congregation. 

Visiting clergy are required to contact diocesan office in Monaghan (Tel +353 (0) 47 81019) to ensure that they are on the civil registrar's list of officiants for Northern Ireland.